At our church, you will hear the word “gospel” repeatedly because it is the most important truth that we can know and experience. The gospel is not merely a message that needs to be shared with non-Christians, but also with Christians. It is not something that mature Christians move on from, but rather something that they move deeper into. The gospel is the lens in which we should view theology, ministry, and all aspects of life.
The Apostle Paul defined the word “gospel” concisely in 1st Corinthians 15:3-5 when he wrote, “Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve.” Simply put, the gospel is all about Jesus’ life, death and resurrection, and the implications it has for us.
- We Believe in one God—the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We Believe that human beings are born with a fallen nature, and are, therefore, inclined to evil, and that continually.
- We Believe that the atonement through Jesus Chris is for the
whole human race’ and that whosoever repents and believe on the Lord Jesus
Chris is justified and regenerated and saved from the dominion of sin.
- We Believe that the Holy Spirit bears witness to the new
birth, and also to the entire sanctification of believers.
- We believe that the Old and New Testament Scriptures, given
by plenary inspiration, contain all truth necessary to faith and Christian
- We Believe that the finally impenitent are hopelessly and
- We Believe that believers are to be sanctified wholly,
subsequent to regeneration, through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We Believe that our Lord will return, the dead
will be raised, and the final judgment will take place.